A few weeks ago, I decided to finally start working on this craigslist dresser I bought awhile back. I had liked the dark stain when I got it, but it had taken a bit of abuse since my initial purchase. The veneer on one side had been torn off (thank you Mr. Carpet Cleaner Guy for dragging your equipment through the house and damaging my craigslist find!). Plus, the bottom drawer did not work very well at all, veneer was chipping off, etc…, which you can see by looking at the before picture:
|My Lovely Lady, in need of a lift|
Of course, once I finally decide to tackle a project with enthusiasm, something usually comes up to derail me. In this case, it was an offer on our house. 🙂 So, while it’s all good, this project ended up taking much longer than I had originally anticipated. Honestly, part of the reason it’s finally done is because I need to clear out the garage to make way for boxes, garage sale items and miscellaneous crap that I refuse to pack up and move!
So, here is the much-delayed reveal of this pretty piece…
|Lighter and Brighter|
I decided to do away with the bottom drawer altogether since it was in such bad shape and the drawer track was broken, and instead opted to create a little shelf along the bottom with a pretty basket. I also changed out the drawer pulls for these pretty vintage ones from Hobby Lobby.
|Love the vintage pulls|
So, there you have it! Dresser is complete and back in my foyer, just in time for us to move it! It’s all good though – I’m sure I’ll be able to find a place for her no matter where we end up.