I have written so many posts about the cabinet projects that I have done, along with tutorials on how to paint your cabinets like a pro, and tips and tricks to paint oak cabinets. I had planned on putting together a course, in conjunction with these posts, but alas, my ambitions and reality did not come together. But I don’t want to leave you hanging. Lucky for you (and me), my friend Kayla from Painted by Kayla Payne has put in the work, and has a cabinet painting video course that is available for those of you who are visual learners. PLUS, I know and, more importantly, I trust Kayla’s cabinet painting process. She is a pro painter, and a good friend, and we chat weekly (sometimes daily) about all sorts of things, cabinets included. The proof is in the pudding.
Kayla’s Cabinet Painting Portfolio
Cabinet Painting Video Course – What You Get
She has thought out and streamlined this process to make it as easy as possible for you to pull this off on your own, while holding the hand of a pro. Here are some of the highlights:
- A private Facebook community, giving you a place to ask questions, connect with others and get support when you need it.
- A cabinet painting kit that is curated to include the items you need to get the job done and is shipped directly to you.
- A beginner’s guide to spraying that helps to ease the anxiety that comes with picking up a spray gun for the first time. She gets it. We’ve talked about this and how intimidating it was to learn how to spray when you’re self-taught. It’s so much easier, when someone just shows you how. You get that advantage.
- Tips on picking the perfect color, which is a much more stressful thing than you would ever think it would be. Kayla has lots of experience to help you pull things together with the right color choice.
- Do you have oak to contend with? She has a go away grain guide that will help you achieve a smooth finished look.
Again, a look at her portfolio of kitchens is proof that even if you’re working with a budget project, the power of paint is real.
Can you tell I’m loving color when it comes to cabinets right now? So you can see, whether your kitchen is large or small, she has been there, done that and can help you navigate through the weeds to give your cabinets a facelift.
Just think, you could have a new kitchen in time for the holidays. And the support behind you to take away some of stress and anxiety in tackling the job.
You all know me well enough by now that I don’t just promote things for the sake of promoting them. I back people and products that I know and trust. I’m sharing this with you because I couldn’t get my act together to put together a course myself. Kayla did, and her cabinet painting course is comprehensive, well done, and will give you the results that you want to get a professional finish.
So there you have it. If you want to paint your cabinets, you have another resource to make it happen. No excuses. 😉 Check it out for all of the details on this cabinet painting video course.