As most of you already know, I left my corporate job almost five years ago (I can’t believe it’s been that long – amazing how quickly time passes when you really enjoy what you’re doing). My only regret about it is that I didn’t do it sooner. I have since continued blogging, and started a side business painting kitchen cabinets and refinishing furniture. I love the transformation process and I receive a lot of painting questions from readers, even requests to travel to their state to paint their cabinets. So, I’ve decided to step out of my comfort zone a bit and go beyond the painting tutorials and the Painter in Your Pocket series that I have shared here on the blog. And since I don’t have a mobile workshop, and I can’t come to all of you, I’m going to offer classes online, holding your hand throughout the process – a Painter in Your Pocket – Online Video Course, specializing in painting your kitchen cabinets.
But I know there is a need, and I’m really hoping to help fill it. I know many of you are visual learners, and like to see how things are done and ask questions to a real person. I get it. Taking on a project like painting your kitchen cabinets is a daunting one, and you don’t want to screw it up. When I did my kitchen (the first time I’ve ever painted cabinets), I felt a bit sick as I pulled the trigger on that spray gun, so I know it feels. Talk about feeling sick to your stomach.
Here’s how it will work:
- I will walk you through the process of painting your cabinets, step-by-step, online. If you can’t be there to watch the videos live, or need to watch them over again, you will have access to the recordings, on demand.
- The class will be 4-5 weeks in duration, with a different topic covered each week.
- You will be provided with a full supply list of products and tools that I trust and use regularly.
- You will get online discounts for new cabinet hardware and pulls.
- We will cover everything from choosing paint colors to troubleshooting paint sprayers.
- You will be part of a private Facebook membership group, with a community of DIYers working along with you.
- As part of the Facebook group, you will also have direct access to me – ask me questions, pick my brain, you name it. I’ll be there to help.
Interested? Click here to get on the list and learn about the dates and details as they become available.
I’m nervous and excited about this new online video series, and my hope is that I have a bunch of awesome before and afters that result from this process. No matter the size or age of your kitchen, I know we can give it a refresh. Is there anything else you would like to see as part of this class? I’m all ears, as I’m here to help YOU!