Benjamin Moore’s Best Selling Grays

I’m fairly certain I have some sort of OCD when it comes to paint colors.  My Color Inspiration Pinterest board certainly supports my theory – I just can’t get enough!  I obviously need another hobby.  However, since it is something I enjoy and I know many of you find useful when it comes to selecting colors in your home, I figured I would share Benjamin Moore’s best selling grays, with some photo inspiration to go along with it.

Benjamin Moore Gray

Edgecomb Gray

Such a timeless classic.  Light, bright and fresh.

Edgecomb Gray
Benjamin Moore Edgecomb Gray
Edgecomb Gray

Coventry Gray

A lovely complimentary color to Edgecomb Gray, Coventry Gray is a lovely mid-tone gray that works as a great neutral.  The perfect backdrop for adding pops of color as well.

Coventry Gray
Coventry Gray

Silver Chain

Silver Chain
Silver Chain

Revere Pewter

You all know how much I love Revere Pewter.  I did an entire Color Spotlight at The Creativity Exchange on this color, I love it so much.  It’s so incredibly versatile, and a color that can do no wrong in my opinion.  I love it so much, that I’ve added it to my own home and used it in my family room here, and several of Benjamin Moore’s Best Selling Grays were on my wall when I was going through my paint picking process here.

Revere Pewter Family Room

You can see that choosing paint colors is serious business in my house, and again, I am reminded that colors change with the light and time of day.  Some colors that I thought I would love, just didn’t work, while others caught my eye unexpectedly.

Choosing Paint Colors

Revere Pewter

Revere Pewter

Contemporary Dining Room by Toronto Interior Designers & Decorators AM Dolce Vita

Ashen Tan

This color is more in the beige color family than gray, if you as me, but it works beautifully in this bathroom where the shower tile seems to have a greige hue.

Ashen Tan

Stonington Gray

A lovely, light gray, Stonington Gray is another fresh looking gray that appears to work well in almost any room.

Stonington Gray

Transitional Living Room by Edina General Contractors REFINED LLC

In this kitchen, it’s on the walls and on the island.  Beautiful!

Stonington Gray

Stonington Gray

Barren Plain

Barren Plain is new on my radar.  It lends itself to a clean, classic, elegant look, and I love how it works with the beige tones in the flooring of this kitchen.

Barren Plain
Barren Plain
Barren Plain

Classic Gray

Classic Gray is just a whisper of gray.  Just enough gray to give some contrast against the white trim, giving a hint of color and warmth.  So lovely.

Classic Gray

Classic Gray
Classic Gray

Gray Owl

Gray Owl is a well-loved, classic gray that seems to work everywhere.  I love it in this laundry room – tranquil and timeless.

Gray Owl

Gray Owl

Gray Owl Benjamin Moore

What do you think of these grays?  I’m a huge fan of Benjamin Moore paint and their colors, for that matter.  There were certainly some on the list that were off my radar, along with some that are tried and true favorites.  Definitely going to add some of these to my color files… What do you think of Benjamin Moore’s Best Selling Grays?  Do you have any of them in your home?

SaveSave

15 Comments

Andrea
    September 9, 2014 at 1:01 pm

Great round up. I am a huge fan of Gray Owl. So soft and versatile.

Deb
    September 10, 2014 at 2:17 pm

I so appreciate your research!! I have such a hard time picking paint colors????

Claire Dickens
    June 10, 2015 at 9:11 pm

What is the white trim in the kitchen with Barren Plain? Please. Thanks.

Sarah @ Simply Sarah Style
    August 18, 2015 at 12:09 am

Your overview is so helpful as I'm ready to paint our entire house gray!

Unknown
    October 8, 2015 at 10:52 pm

in process of painting most of my house (great room, master, kitchen, laundry) revere pewter. It is absolutely beautiful! So far kitchen and laundry are completed and great room is in process.

Craig
    April 2, 2017 at 12:50 am

What colour is used for the transitional hall?

Sal G.
    April 30, 2017 at 8:04 pm

Benjamin Moore’s Barren Plain covers every wall in our two story in Jacksonville, FL. It is the most beautiful shade of gray we were able to decide on after applying 6 sample shades of gray in various rooms throughout. It amazes how it changes in intensity as the day moves on in our house which is constantly sun-filled.

Florence Mclaughlin
    August 10, 2017 at 8:38 pm

Your pic of Edgecomb Gray is funny it’s so off. It reads here yellow and green. Edgecomb acually is a warm gray with pink in it.
    This is why I tell my clients to stay off the internet. But it does bring me work to fix it.

Jenny
      August 10, 2017 at 10:36 pm

The photos are via Houzz, and yes, things definitely look different in person than they do online! Thus the need for lots of paint samples when I paint rooms in my home. 🙂

Pamela
    September 17, 2017 at 8:08 am

Just not a fan of gray at all, sorry. Love the taupes though. What do you recommend in this family for a two story foyer going in to the family room/kitchen in an open transitional floor plan? Thx!

Jenny
      September 21, 2017 at 10:50 pm

I’m a big fan of Revere Pewter if you’re looking for something that is a color chameleon and plays well with others. I’ve never been disappointed with it!

Irene S. Levine
    December 30, 2017 at 6:21 pm

Such a helpful post in choosing shades of gray!

Kathy
    March 29, 2018 at 12:41 am

Hello I’m trying to figure out which gray looks the best with a soft light pink for a teens bedroom.. any ideas?